Friday, March 9, 2018

A Letter From Pam Muñoz Ryan

On March 5th, 2018, I sent an e-mail to an author!!! I thought she wasn't going to respond, but the next day, she responded!! The author was Pam Muñoz Ryan!! I sent her an e-mail to inform her that we were reading her book, The Dreamer, and I asked her, why she wrote it. Pam Muñoz Ryan was the first author that I have contacted and that responded to me. I could not believe that she took the time to read my email and respond back to me. It made my day!

We, Classtopians, have read the books of Pam Muñoz Ryan since the beginning of 4th grade. The books we have read are Esperanza Rising, Becoming Naomi Leon, Echo, and the book we have just finished reading is The Dreamer.  Some of my classmates have gone ahead and read her other books like Paint The Wind, and Riding Freedom. I was so happy Pam Muñoz Ryan wrote back to me. 

My teacher is very proud that I wrote to her and got a response. She said I may be the next student of the month. 

P.M. Ryan's books have been an inspiration to all of us for the last two years. 
My favorite will still be Becoming Naomi Leon. Every Classtopian has his/her favorite book. Pam Munoz Ryan is the author that we have read the most and that we love most. Her stories help us to understand that life can be difficult, but we can still succeed.  

So Classtopians, the next time you read a book and love it, write to the author.

This is what I wrote to her:

"Dear Pam Munoz Ryan,

I have read your books Esperanza Rising, Echo, Becoming Naomi Leon, and I am reading The Dreamer. I really want to read your book Paint The Wind, Riding Freedom, and When Marian Sang. My teacher and my classmates love your books. I really got inspired by your books because I used to not like to read and when I read Esperanza Rising, I was inspired. I really want to thank you for writing books for children and adults. I really want to ask you, "Why Do You Write Books and Why Did You Write The Dreamer??" 😄

Sincerely,

Mariana
P.s. Please write back because I am curious."


This is what she wrote back to me:

"Dear Mariana,
Thank you for your kind email. I'm so glad that you are reading so many of my books. 
You'll find many interviews posted on my web site from each book's page about how I came to write each book. I hope this is helpful.
Happy reading,
Pam Muñoz Ryan









No comments:

Post a Comment