Tuesday, November 14, 2017

A Trip To A Farm

On November 11, I went to a farm with my family. We were invited by our uncle, because one of his friends was going to kill a cow. We came because we wanted to buy FRESH MEAT.

I woke up at 6:30, and got ready. By 7:30, everyone in my family was ready. We all got in the car, and waited for my dad to finish checking the car to make sure everything was fine. By 8:00, we were on the road.

By 9:50, we were off the freeway, and were very close to our destination.  We had to drive slowly, because the pavement had ended, so we had to drive on dirt. By 10:00 we were out of our car, and entering this gate.

We walked down a path made out of stepping stones. The first thing I saw was this HUGE piece of meat hanging off of a hook! There was also a table with a lot of meat on it. My uncles had this mini chainsaw looking thing, and were cutting pieces of meat that they wanted to buy.

While my mom was getting our meat, my uncle and dad came with us kids to see the animals. My uncle had been to this farm before, which was important. There were THREE GUARD DOGS, and they were the same type that police people use. The dogs only smelled us, then went away. If my uncle had not been there, I would have been even more worried about the dogs biting us or something.

Anyways, as soon as we walked in, I saw a chicken pen. There was one grown-up chicken, and a bunch of other baby chicks. One white chick had yellow around his mouth, and was shivering. I felt bad, because he was sick. One chick escaped, so my dad grabbed it. We had to be careful,  because the guard dogs would eat it. I touched it's head, which was very fluffy.

After that, we went to see the cows. There were two cows. One was a brown cow, and the other was black-and -white. The brown cow was WAY bigger than the other one. I tossed some hay at it, but it just landed on the floor.

In a big pen, there were about 10 goats, and 2 sheep. When we got close to them, they started trotting away. The sheep were all white, but its hair was a little dirty.

Then, we went to see the pigs. There were 4 pigs, and they were big. There were also a lot of flies near their pen!

Next to the pig's pen, there were 2 TURKEYS! Their feathers looked like peacock feathers because they were spread out like that.

Then, we went back to were the other adults were. They had cooked some meat, so we ate tacos. They were really delicious!

After eating, I went to play with the smaller white dogs. There were two of them. I played with the younger one. I threw a stuffed bear in the air, and he went to go catch it. After a while, I went inside, because I heard that there was a puppy! I saw the puppy, and he was so ADORABLE! He was tiny, and was sitting on some blankets. I fed him some of his food, and when he chewed, he made a crunch sound. I let him lick my hand, too.

After that, it was time to go. I was sad to go, but I know I will come back another time.


The older dog. 

The big chunk of meat.

2 comments:

  1. The meat gives a lot of chills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go over there. It sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete