Sunday, January 21, 2018

Hoover Dam

Hoover Dam was created during the Great Depression in 1931-1936. It was built between the Colorado River and the Black Canyon. The purpose of the Hoover Dam was to control flood, and store water. They say the Hoover Dam has the cost of 100 lives because for all the people who lost their lives while building the Hoover Dam. Out of 100 people that died 96 of them were buried there.

Over the weekend I went to Hoover Dam. It was such a fun trip. My mom’s friend and her daughter went, so did my mom's other friend, my mom and I. We were on the border line of Arizona and Nevada. We saw a little grave of a dog that had died there during the construction, they called him The dog who owned the Dam.

While I was there I saw that on one side of the water is higher than the other. The time difference between Arizona and Nevada is 1 hour. So when  I was on the border line half of me was in Nevada at 11:05 a.m. and the other half of me in Arizona at 12:05 p.m. . It was such an amazing trip my mom's friend’s daughter and I learned so much. I hope we can go there again soon.









No comments:

Post a Comment