Tuesday, November 13, 2018

The Wreck Of The Miranda

On November 15th, 2018, I will be performing in front of all the middle schoolers in my school. I feel so nervous, but when the day gets closer, I feel more nervous. Every Tuesdays and Fridays, My Chorus class and I  went to the auditorium to practice parts of the scenes. 

What do you do Mariana? I am a Greek chorus, flat mover, and hospital staff. I have three jobs and that is why I am SO nervous. The company that is helping us with the performance is LA OPERA. My Chorus class has to make them thank you cards. I forgot to mention that my performance is an OPERA performance. The show is called The Wreck Of The Miranda. The show is by Nathan W. and Matthew L. The performance is basically about 2 students in a magnet school, Angela and Eva. A fish trawler crashes and they lie that the ship came safely and that chemicals didn't spilled in the oceans, but chemicals did spill in the ocean. People get sick and Angela suspects something. She tries to convince her classmates that something isn't right. With the help of her teacher and her classmates, she will figure this out. 

I can't wait for the day. We had to vote of what to wear. The choices were to wear school uniform or wear all black. We chose all black because we thought it would be comfortable. (We wanted black because we didn't want to wear uniform.... shhMy Chorus teacher wanted us to wear uniform because since the scenes are usually in a classroom, she said it would make us look "better". So the choice was black. The performance will be during 5th period and it will be 49 minutes. I am so nervous!!!


Wish Me Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment