Friday, August 18, 2017

The Total Solar Eclipse Is Coming

This year there will be a Total Solar Eclipse. The eclipse will happen on August 21, 2017. The Total Solar Eclipse happens when the moon and the sun are in a straight line and the moon blocks the sun. This will be my first time viewing the eclipse. The last Total Solar Eclipse in North America was on August 26, 1979. The next Total Solar Eclipse will be on April 8, 2024. By then I will be 17 years old.

 I have already made a solar eclipse viewer out of a cereal box, tape, white paper and aluminum foil.


 First I cut two holes on the top of the box.




Then I traced the bottom of the cereal box on a blank piece of paper and cut out the traced part. Then I put the cut part in the bottom of box.




Then I taped a piece of aluminum foil to cover one hole. Then I put a hole in the aluminum foil so that the sunlight can go through the hole and I can see the light of the eclipse.

That is a reflection of the light behind me.

P.S when I came to school today my friend also brought their viewers to school. So that they can also see the eclipse.


1 comment: