Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Martin Luther King Jr. Remembered

On Monday,  March 26th,  I went to the park. When I went to the park I saw a stone monument to Martin Luther King Jr.  On it was a picture and parts of his famous I Have A Dream Speech. His dream was for people of color to have equal rights as whites in America.
I liked seeing this because I think it is time for people to start remembering what he stood for.

Today I remembered that my dad and I  were watching TV and the show was talking about how Martin Luther King was assassinated at the Lorraine Motel in Memphis, Tennessee in 1968 at 6:01 CST.  He died today, April 4th.  It has been 50 years since his death.
And maybe somethings have changed, but not a lot.

This is the picture of the Monument









No comments:

Post a Comment