Monday, October 2, 2017

Beautiful Bromeliads

Oh Bromeliads, how I love your features and that color of your flowers. I am so happy trying to find all the kinds of bromeliads. There are lots in the classrooms and in the garden. There are Guzmanias, Aechmeas, Vrieseas and Neoregelias. What's so interesting is that they all have a type of miniature pool tank and that is were they store water and make a flower.

When I saw it being watered I thought that the plants needed to be watered were the roots were. I was surprised that you needed to put water it in the little pool. So that was when I got my interest in these kinds of plants. One day we were helping one of my friends move and she was giving her plants away. I saw a bromeliad and then I immediately got it and I saw that there was 2 pups.  I was really exited to see them because I am so interested in them.

 I hope in the future I will still enjoy bromeliads and grow a lot of them. I will even make blog of my bromeliad flowering. Maybe I will even hybridize them.

All the bromeliads below are at school.
This is a plant I brought in.
This is a Neoregelia
This is the Guzmania
This is the beautiful Aechmea
       

4 comments:

  1. I hope that the pups in your bromeliads will grow big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bromeliads are pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that our bromeliad pups will grow.

    ReplyDelete