Thursday, October 12, 2017

Watercolors

Since I was little, I have always loved crafting and painting. They are just so much fun. But since I am older I am better at it. I like using acrylic paints, but I want to move on to the next level. Watercolor! I bought a set from Dollar tree, because I'm cheap. My cousin gave me another palette that has less colors. When I do watercolor, it is amazing what I can do with it. I like blending in the colors. When you blend in colors it makes a tie-dye look. I have seen many youtube videos that show different ways to use watercolor. I even saw that you can use dry rice to make a raining effect.
There are many ways to use watercolor. You can use it for bookmarks, canvas and decor. In the picture below, I made a multicolored tie-dye painting on a poster board. I will put it in my room.

You can watch the video below to learn some techniques with water colors.
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=rice+bookmark+water+color+video&view=detail&mid=28A233EC1F61987179A128A233EC1F61987179A1&FORM=VIRE
My painting



The paint set

My brushes

2 comments: