Thursday, September 7, 2017

My Giant Tillandsia

I got a Tillandsia from my aunt's boss who died. Before he died he wanted to give all his plants away and said to give me, Yazmine, the big Tillandsia. He knew that I LOVE Tillandsias. I won a lot of them in my class last school year. I still have them and they are still alive. He gave me other Tillandsias and so when he was about to die he wanted me to have the big Tillandsia.

The day we went to the memorial, I remembered that I was to get the plant. So, I asked his sister if I can get the plant and I explained it to her and she said to grab it and take it.

After two months of flowering there are pups on the plant. I have not decided what I am going to do with all the pups. I can trade with friends and put one on the Epiphyte tree at school. And the rest are all mine.
View of entire plant.
Beautiful pups!

5 comments:

  1. Do you know were he got the plants from because I love how they look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a big Tillandsia! It is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is big. It looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is big. It looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete