Thursday, September 7, 2017

What Plant Eats Flies?

  On Monday I got a Venus Flytrap. It is small but it will grow larger in the near future. The day I got it I put it on my window. That was not a right move. It got sunburned so I put it next to the air conditioning just like it was at the store. This morning I noticed that it grew a little bigger. I caught some flies and squished them a little bit so that they were nearly dead. So that it wouldn't be hard for the Venus Flytrap to eat it. Its scientific name is Dionaea. The Venus Flytrap does not have a brain but yet it still moves.            

                           

                        I am putting the fly in and you can see that it is open.

Now it is fully closed without a gap.

6 comments:

  1. When it gets bigger, will you just put flies in the container, or will you do the same thing as now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many flies do you feed it each day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends if its mouth is closed or open if it is open it is hungry and if t is closed he is still making the plant in to acid.

      Delete