Thursday, May 18, 2017

My Musical Life

My musical life began since I was in Kindergarten. When I was five, my sister was in the same class as me, but she was in Second Grade. I started learning the notes in Spanish. My older sister learned a little more than me. We both learned the note names, but only she learned the value of the types of notes, like a half note, a whole note, and more.

I spent a year and a half at the Spanish music class, then I went to a program called Harmony Project Hollywood. There is also a Harmony Project Exposition. I have stayed in that same program since I was in First Grade up to now. I play the Clarinet. In Harmony Project I learned most of what I didn't know.

I take classes 3 times a week. Twice in the weekdays and once in the weekend, which is on Saturday. During the weekday, the classes take place at the Musician's Union. On Saturdays, the classes are at the Baptist Salvation Army Union. On Saturdays, the class is THREE hours long, but I get breaks in between. On the weekdays, the classes are one hour long. The time your class starts at depends on what level you are at. If you know a lot, your class will be last. If you know a little, your class will be first. The very first class is from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. The second class is from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. The last class is from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.

The classes are called Clarinet A, B, C, D, and E. A is the most advanced. I am in Clarinet B. My older sister is in Clarinet A. I wish I was, too!

Students can pick different instruments, and if they are in Clarinet A, they can play TWO instruments. The classes for different instruments are on different days.

If you want an extra class, you can sign up for private classes or mentor ship classes. I am in a mentor ship class. A student from the advanced class will give me classes twice a week, 30 minutes before your class starts. A teacher will teach the private lessons.

I also like Harmony project because of the concerts. The concert for mentor ship and for weekday classes are at Alexandria Elementary School. The cloncert for the Saturday classes is the most important concert. It is at Forest Lawn.

At the end of the year, Harmony Project will give each student three tickets to go to Holly Wood Bowl. Even if I didn't get tickets, I would still go to Harmony Project.



This is my clarinet.

11 comments:

  1. I really love playing the clarinet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool I did not know that you played the clarinet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Playing a clarinet sounds really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Practice makes perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time you practice you will be better

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you keep practicing you are getting better and better
    So, maybe when you grow up you I hope you become a person that plays the clarinet very well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will soon learn how to play the violin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When ou practice more you will know better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you practice some more you will get to class A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so to. So keep on going.

      Delete
  10. I think I will go to music class.

    ReplyDelete