Friday, May 19, 2017

The trip to the Audubon Center




Audubon center sign
Water lily flower

             On May 18, we went to Debs Audubon Center. We got to go hiking and we got to see animals and plants. We loved looking at the plants. I went there and I saw the sign with plants around it i just new this field trip was going to be amazing. Then we went inside and there was a mini waterfall with lily pads around it, and it was beautiful. It was a white and pink flower which are my favorite colors.



The pond 
The hut


             They showed us the Native American house which is called a hut. It looked so small for a big family. There is evidence of how they lived.  But I still ask myself, how do they live and sleep in the hut since it it is so tiny and dark. Soon I will find it out. I will do some more research.




The little walnut tree
They told us we were going hiking. I was so excited. So we started to walk, I was thinking that we were just going to walk a little bit but that is not what I expected. It was so far down, I was going to scream. It was so exhausting. My mom was on my field trip, so I knew I was going to be ok. We saw wild rose growing outside the nursery. They showed us the nut tree.





The walnuts

The nursery


We passed by the big pond. It had lots of algae. We came across two little male ducks. They thought we had food and they were following us. Then, Christopher had spotted a bullfrog. It was unexpected. This was the first time I had ever seen one. Then we saw a bale of turtles spread out at the end of the pond. There were a whole bunch of snails. They were sleeping on plants. Their shells had patterns. They were zebra snails. We wanted to take some back to school but of course we could not take them out of the park.


The 2 male ducks

The bullfrog

A bale of turtles
           
           
By the end of the hike we had done more that 3 miles already. It was so hard. I felt like my legs were going to fall off. But we got to see a beautiful view of the city.

Then we arrived back at the center we had lunch.  Some people discovered 2 little friends that the rangers brought out. Everyone screamed " SNAKES!". So I ran as fast as I could.  The first snake was the king snake. The second one was the gopher snake.  We got to touch them. They felt squishy, soft and rubbery. Their skin was beautiful.
The big view while hiking
The face of gophers snake 

The Gopher snake
The king snake



This was awesome trip!

11 comments:

  1. I touched the King Snake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved everything there it was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I touched both the snakes and one felt softer and one felt a little harder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. King Snakes are not harmful, only when threatened they will bite, but the bite's poison is not harmful to us humans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The trip was nice with all the plants and animals it was beatiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When we went the rangers said that those snakes are not harmful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I imagined the snake would feel hard but they felt soft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1 felt soft and the other one was stiff.

      Delete
  8. At first I thought the snakes would harm me, but it turned out that they were not harmful

    ReplyDelete
  9. The snakes where soft and squishy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do not think that snakes are harmful anymore because they only bite you if you bother them or harm them.

    ReplyDelete